President - Don Janes
7 Pine Road
North Oaks, MN 55127-6471
Vice President - Howard Markus
Secretary - Lynne Markus
Membership Chair - John Siekmeier
State Director - John Siekmeier
Newsletter Editor - Julie Henricksson
Web - Julie Drennan
- Enhance sustainability of Schuneman Marsh Wildlife Preserve
- Promote wetland protection ordinance for municipalities
- Support conservation legislation
- Public meetings on conservation issues
- Implemented the acquisition of the 70 acre Katherine Abbot Girl Scout Camp for a Mahtomedi City Park
- Provide scholarships to student for summer environmental trip
- Chapter supports statewide efforts by supplying strong leadership to the State Board of Directors, Issues Committee, and newsletter
Dues: $71 Individual, $98.50 Family
Jaques Chapter membership form.
Meetings: 3rd Thursday, 6:30 PM, Washington County Library-Wildwood Branch
The Jaques Chapter was organized in 1964, with an initial focus on the management of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. This focus gradually shifted to wetlands, biological diversity, and other conservation issues in the northeast metro area.
In 1967, a man named Carl Schuneman donated most of a 100-acre, marshy tract of land to the Jaques Chapter. This land lies 2 miles north of White Bear Lake and it is known as the Schuneman Marsh. The Schuneman Marsh still holds great value. Many Boy Scout projects have involved the Schuneman Marsh, and conservation and recreation projects continue on the marsh to this day.
Throughout the 40-plus years that the Jaques Chapter has been organized, we have spread the word on conservation and environmental protection through public information, meetings, and presentations with speakers on current topics of concern. by Julie Drennan
Chapter Established: 09/24/1964
Date of last review or update: 1/17/2017